Selecting oysters when you go out to eat can be overwhelming. While many restaurants carry White Stone oysters, making it an easy choice– it’s still helpful to know what you’re getting into when you order.
This helpful video from Potluck video goes over the basics of ordering oysters in a restaurant.
Here’s are our tips
- Ask your server about the oysters. They should be able to tell you:
- Where the oysters are from
- The basics of their flavor profiles
- Know the difference between east coast oysters and west coast oysters:
- East Coast oysters tend to be a little bigger, brinier, and have more umami flavors
- West coast oysters tend to be smaller, less salty, and have a fruity finish.
Need more info? Watch the full video.