Smoky, bacon-flavored goodness is at the center of this traditional Australian preparation of oysters. If you’re thinking about the perfect appetizer to serve with your oyster feast, look no further than oysters Kilpatrick. Our meaty, topwater oysters are perfect for this quick and easy recipe.
Scale this recipe up or down based on how many people you’re serving and how much they love oysters.
- 18 White Stone Oysters
- Bacon- chopped
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 6 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Cook bacon in a small frying pan
- Mix tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and liquid smoke in a small bowl
- Top shucked oysters with cooked bacon then drizzle with the sauce
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until sauce is caramelized
- Serve hot.
Pair this delicious appetizer with a tasty beer, cold cocktail and other spring fare like fresh veggies for a perfectly snackable and hard to resist table topper.