With the last few weeks of summer slipping away, we recommend you take some time to enjoy a relaxing afternoon barbecuing oysters. This delicious step-by-step guide will show you everything you need to know to prepare barbecued oysters at home.
Here’s a list of supplies:
- Barbecue or fire pit with grate
- Oyster knife, gloves and tongs
- Hot sauce
- WhiteStone oysters.
Here’s what to do:
- To prep, heat your grill and melt your butter.
- Place the oysters on the barbecue with the cupped side down.
- The oysters will open on their own. If needed, use your oyster knife to pry them open a little more and separate the muscles.
- To serve, remove the top shell and add butter and hot sauce to taste.
We recommend roughly 7-10 oysters per guest as an appetizer. You can serve them straight off the grill (let them cool a bit!) or before your main course.