We’ve talked about the power of po’boys before– and even worked with Chef Tim Bereika to create a delicious po’boy slider using our Wandering Waders Premium Jarred Oysters. But, when we saw this recipe from My Recipes, we couldn’t resist sharing it with you.
What You Need:
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ to 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 ½ cups finely ground cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun, Creole, or seafood seasoning
- ¾ pound raw small peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 jar Wandering Waders Premium Jarred Oysters
- Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ baguette, cut into 6-inch lengths
- Tartar Sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded green leaf lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce
What To Do:
- Whisk together egg and buttermilk in a large bowl.
- Stir together cornmeal, flour, and seasoning in a large plastic bag.
- Dredge shrimp and oysters, in batches, in egg mixture, and then add to cornmeal mixture, shaking to coat well.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a deep heavy pot or Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat until temperature reaches 350° to 375°.
- Fry shrimp and oysters, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spread insides of baguettes with Tartar Sauce, and top with lettuce, tomatoes, shrimp, and oysters.
- Serve with hot sauce and additional Tartar Sauce.
← Older Post Newer Post →