Delicious, warm, cheesy baked oysters- simple is best. Pair this delicious recipe with some wine and a backyard fire on a cool spring evening for best results.
- Fresh oysters – Select 12-14 average-sized oysters or 16-20 small oysters. You can also use our jarred selects.
- Cream cheese
- Shredded white cheddar
- Crumbled bacon
- Chopped spinach
- Crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- How to Shuck Oysters: Place one oyster in a folded dish towel. Look for the natural hinge in the small end of the oyster. Insert the tip of an oyster shucking knife into the hinge and firmly dig and twist. Once the oyster is open, wipe the edge of the knife on the towel. Then run the edge of the knife under the oyster to release it from the shell. Leave the oyster in the bottom half of the shell.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Set the oysters in their shells on the baking sheet.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove all excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, white cheddar, bacon, chopped spinach, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon a dollop of cheese filling over the top of each oyster.
- Sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Serve warm.
It’s that easy! Don’t forget to visit our blog for more delicious recipes.