Where would we be without our mothers? Mother’s Day is a chance for us to celebrate all of the work, love and compassion our moms have invested in us. So, this Mother’s Day, give mom the gift of time together and make a tasty low country oyster roast the whole family can enjoy. The beauty of the low country oyster roast is in the joy that comes with social eating. Gather ‘round a picnic table and share fond memories.
- Oysters (we recommend about 12 per person)
- Burlap or a towel soaked in water
- Cocktail sauce
- Saltine crackers
- Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat.
- Arrange oysters in a single layer on grill; cover with wet burlap or towel.
- Cook, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes or until oysters open.
- Using tongs, carefully transfer roasted oysters to a platter.
- Serve warm with cocktail sauce and saltine crackers.
We recommend serving french fries, steamed shrimp, crab legs, clams, steamed corn and anything else your heart desires to round out your seafood smorgasbord.
Happy Mother’s Day! Enjoy!
← Older Post Newer Post →