Almost every seafood aficionado is familiar with the low country boil. This modified recipe from MyRecipes.com harkens back to the South Carolina tradition of roasting oyster clusters over an open fire. Give it a try this fall- plan on about a dozen oysters per person. Pro tip: scrub the oysters thoroughly before cooking and discard any with broken shells.
- White Stone Oysters
- Burlap or towel soaked in water
- Cocktail Sauce
- Saltine crackers
- Heat your grill to 400 degrees.
- Place the oysters in a single layer on the grill
- Cover with wet towel or burlap.
- Cook overed 10-12 minutes or until oysters open.
- Remove from grill with tongs.
- Enjoy with cocktail sauce and crackers.