Looking for ways to bring the romance home this Valentine’s Day? Consider creating your own version of this delicious Valentine’s Charcuterie Board made with fresh ingredients, many of which possess aphrodisiac qualities.
Charcuterie boards are fun, beautiful and a great centerpiece for a romantic stay at home getaway. There are a few key elements you need to master to create the perfect charcuterie board at home. First, select a board be it a cutting board, serving dish or try that’s sturdy, visually interesting and sized appropriately. Secondly, consider your ingredient ratio– a proportionate mixture of salty, sweet, crunchy, savory and other flavor and tastes will make the board feel balanced. Pair with a nice champagne and graze to your heart’s content.
Here’s a list of ingredients with known aphrodisiac qualities:
- Nuts– Pistachios, almonds, pine nuts, and walnuts are all known aphrodisiacs.
- Seafood– Smoked or shucked oysters and salmon add the perfect saltiness.
- Fruit– Apples, figs, pomegranate, cherries, and strawberries are perfect for this Valentine’s Day charcuterie board
- Vegetables– Asparagus is crunchy, flavorful, and can be eaten raw
- Honey– try adding honeycomb for visual interest
- Chocolate– Dark chocolate is heart-healthy, perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Select one or two ingredients from each category: Nuts, fruit, vegetable, seafood, honey, chocolate, and champagne.
- Place the ingredients around the board. Place the large ingredients on the board first, then use the smaller ingredients to fill the empty spots across the board.
It’s that simple! A well-constructed charcuterie board is a thing of beauty– make sure to snap a picture before you dig in!
← Older Post Newer Post →